Just Venting Lazy People)

So....how do you coup with a lazy co-worker? I am a supervisor and it is difficult to work with a lazy staff member. How do you come to work high, 20 mins late, not call and advise your late or not coming at all, argue with clients/children and be insubordinate and still have a job. Someone one please make some sense from this... If I tell my boss that at staff member is unprofessional. How am I a snitch. I work with children ....and some of these staff members act like children themselves. Please pray that things may get easier. I like my job...but not lazy people. I know that non-profits work and function different that city or corporate jobs but something has got to give. No pink slips? No written warnings? No penalties or suspensions? Sometimes I just feel like no giving a what....should I ?